Photo: AFP/Getty Images
Black Caps duo laid low
Tim Southee and Rob Nicol had to stay back in Colombo following an illness
18 September 2012 - 01:54pm IST
New Zealand’s Tim Southee and Rob Nicol remained in Colombo due to illness as their team-mates moved on to Kandy to prepare for Friday’s ICC World T20 opener against Bangladesh.
Fast bowler Southee fell ill ahead of Monday’s warm-up match with South Africa and subsequently displayed symptoms associated with gastro-enteritis. The 23-year-old will receive re-hydration treatment at the local hospital.
Meanwhile all-rounder Nicol did feature in the nine-run loss but was sick overnight and so was kept under observation by the team doctor.
The players will travel to Kandy later on Tuesday should they improve sufficiently.
Spinner Daniel Vettori, who also missed his team’s final warm-up game due to illness, recovered sufficiently to travel with the rest of the squad.
Latest newsAll News »
- If we stick together there is more success ...
- Boards agree not to appoint umpires named in ...
- Australia women ready to party
- Women’s cricket ready for the big leap
- Board offers thanks to West Indies team
- No regrets over semi-final pick: Bailey
- West Indies women look to draw on ...
- Finalists dominate ICC Men’s and Women’s ...
- Samuels and Narine on the move in Reliance ...
- Australia’s match winners move up in ...