Photo: Getty Images
Zimbabwe complete home preparations
The squad trained on pitch similar to ones expected in Sri Lanka
10 September 2012 - 01:10pm IST
Zimbabwe are nearing departure for the ICC World Twenty20 after finishing their home training programme this week.
The squad's practice at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo included a training match on a wicket deemed to replicate the flatter surfaces to be found on the sub-continent.
Assistant Coach Steven Mangogo oversaw the sessions as Head Coach Alan Butcher had to return to the United Kingdom to attend his father's funeral.Mangogo believes the squad are in good shape going into the T20 showpiece.
He said: "We are good to go. The boys have put in the work and all that remains now is to ensure that those skills are executed on the world arena."
Zimbabwe leave for Sri Lanka on Monday (September 10) and will play two warm-up matches before they play the hosts in the opening match of the tournament on Tuesday September 18.
Latest newsAll News »
- If we stick together there is more success ...
- Boards agree not to appoint umpires named in ...
- Australia women ready to party
- Women’s cricket ready for the big leap
- Board offers thanks to West Indies team
- No regrets over semi-final pick: Bailey
- West Indies women look to draw on ...
- Finalists dominate ICC Men’s and Women’s ...
- Samuels and Narine on the move in Reliance ...
- Australia’s match winners move up in ...