Photo: Getty Images
England Women continue unbeaten run
Anya Shrubsole stars in win with 4 wickets
10 September 2012 - 01:14pm IST
England Women beat Pakistan Women by seven wickets in the first Women's T20 International match at the National Cricket Performance Centre in Loughborough on Tuesday. The home side now stand unbeaten in 16 consecutive T20 International matches.
After electing to bat Pakistan was restricted to 87 for 7 (Anya Shrubsole 4-12) and in reply England knocked off the runs in 16 overs to finish on 91 for 3 (Arran Brindle 31 not out).
Player of the match Anya Shrubsole said: "It was a solid start from the team today for what is a really important period for us. It was a good performance and we'll be looking to build on that tomorrow, sharpen up a little in the field and look for the one and two percenters that we can improve.
"I was really happy with how I performed today, having missed the series against India it was good to get back out there and put in a good performance."
Latest newsAll News »
- If we stick together there is more success ...
- Boards agree not to appoint umpires named in ...
- Australia women ready to party
- Women’s cricket ready for the big leap
- Board offers thanks to West Indies team
- No regrets over semi-final pick: Bailey
- West Indies women look to draw on ...
- Finalists dominate ICC Men’s and Women’s ...
- Samuels and Narine on the move in Reliance ...
- Australia’s match winners move up in ...