Photo: Getty Images
India and NZ hope for better luck in Chennai
Last chance for teams to brush up their skills ahead of ICC World Twenty20
10 September 2012 - 02:47pm IST
India and New Zealand will be looking for valuable game time ahead of the ICC World T20 during Tuesday’s T20I in Chennai.
After Saturday’s first match was rained off in Visakhapatnam the series is now reduced to one game before both nations head to Sri Lanka.
Yuvraj Singh’s much-awaited return to national duty, after recovering from cancer, is now set to take place at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.Pace bowler Laxmipathy Balaji and off-spinner Harbhajan Singh will have to wait to see if they also earn recalls following long periods in the international wilderness.
New Zealand have won all three previous T20Is against India but the hosts will hope their much-vaunted batting line-up can break their duck at the fourth time of asking.
The Black Caps will be pleased to welcome back Daniel Vettori after the spinner missed the recent Test series against India with a groin injury.
Latest newsAll News »
- If we stick together there is more success ...
- Boards agree not to appoint umpires named in ...
- Australia women ready to party
- Women’s cricket ready for the big leap
- Board offers thanks to West Indies team
- No regrets over semi-final pick: Bailey
- West Indies women look to draw on ...
- Finalists dominate ICC Men’s and Women’s ...
- Samuels and Narine on the move in Reliance ...
- Australia’s match winners move up in ...