Photo: Getty Images
England women make it four out of four
West Indies women beaten by 84 runs in fourth T20I
15 September 2012 - 09:30pm IST
England beat West Indies by 84 runs in the fourth women’s T20I at Hove on Saturday.
Sarah Taylor (43 off 36 balls) and Lydia Greenway (61 not off 45 balls) added 98 in a scintillating third-wicket stand as England amassed 154-3 from their 20 overs.
West Indies never threatened to overhaul the England total as they could only muster 70-8.
England skipper Charlotte Edwards (24 off 19 balls) got her side off to a flying start after being put into bat.
Taylor – who was awarded ICC Women's T20I Cricketer of the Year 2012 at Saturday’s LG ICC Awards – continued an outstanding series while Greenway compiled her highest T20I score.
All-rounder Stafanie Taylor – who was named ICC Women's ODI Cricketer of the Year 2012 – was her side’s leading bowler with 2-23 from four overs.
Taylor also dominated her team’s batting effort as she carried her bat for 40 not out.
No other player scored more than seven as England’s bowlers took a firm grip on the innings from the start.
Off-spinner Danielle Hazell was the pick with 4-12 while fellow slow bowler Holly Colvin took 2-18.
Latest newsAll News »
- If we stick together there is more success ...
- Boards agree not to appoint umpires named in ...
- Australia women ready to party
- Women’s cricket ready for the big leap
- Board offers thanks to West Indies team
- No regrets over semi-final pick: Bailey
- West Indies women look to draw on ...
- Finalists dominate ICC Men’s and Women’s ...
- Samuels and Narine on the move in Reliance ...
- Australia’s match winners move up in ...